Friday, June 21, 2013

Really and truly bringing Ivey home

To say the last 11 days have been a whirlwind is an understatement. Last Tuesday (after feeling like maybe our agency knew our birth mom and Ivey might be coming later this year) my mom and I went to buy buy baby to buy some Ivey essentials. We had a beautiful day - one I will never forget. My mom and I both said we felt like for the first time Ivey really was coming home soon. I had been texting with Susan at the agency all day and she kept wanting to know if i got home safely. When I let her know I had arrived home - we got the call. Susan asked if Corey was home and asked to be put on speaker phone. This was it. The call. Susan started reading a text from iveys birth mom that said she could come get Ivey "honey bee" (nicknamed by Susan after watching the secret life of bees in the hospital room). Susan then said the words we would never forget "I am holding your daughter, you can come get her" I thought i was going to pass out. Susan said we might want to get a good nights rest and head to Birmingham in the morning. We asked for photos and this was our first view of our 5 day old daughter.
Meet Ivey Mariposa Weldon

Ivey - named after her great, great grandmother
Mariposa - meaning butterfly in Spanish - named after our beautiful friend Laura who we lost unexpectedly almost 3 years ago. Laura left quite an impression on our life - and even gave me my 2 godchildren. We all see butterflies since she passed and we wanted our daughter to always know about her. 

Born 6/6/13 In the beautiful city of Birmingham, Alabama 
7 lbs 6.7 oz
20 and 3/4 inches long

After shuffling around the house trying to do some quick cleaning and oh yeah get some sleep we left Wednesday morning. Arriving in Birmingham with schnauzers in tow we are first greeting by our awesome friend Amanda (who found me on Instagram and told us about family adoption services- more on this special soul later) she filmed us walking in and meeting our daughter for the first time. We will have video and photos to share later. 
Laying eyes on Ivey for the first time erased the last 9 years. All of this wait was for her. She is the most beautiful thing we have ever seen. 
Here she is with her aunt Amanda 
Our amazing friend and half of the Rick and Susan team from family adoption services. Susan and Rick kept our beautiful girl in their home until she was ready for us. Susan even got to see Ivey born. I will write way more about these two soon!!

We just sat in amazement and watched our daughter who had been surrounded by love from the moment she was born. It all felt surreal.....

But she is ours. 

Will come back soon for the rest of the story. Feeling very blessed. Corey and I are so lucky. 

We love each of you. 

And many more photos to come. You might stop following me on Instagram and Facebook lol 

24 comments:

  1. Oh my word Tobi, she is so beautiful!!! I am beside myself with happiness for you and trying not to squeal here at work. Congratulations, friend!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am sobbing with joy for your sweet family! Congratulations! Your daughter is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. She is B E A U T I F U L !!! So many tears of joy! How blessed Ivey will be to have such amazing parents!!!

    ((GOODNESS GATHERING))

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy tears! She's perfectly perfect. Can't wait to see her styling all those cute clothes and hair bows and hair bands -- look at all that hair! Gahh! xoxoxo

    1 Samuel 1:27 I prayed for this child, and the Lord has granted me what I asked of him.

    Natasha

    ReplyDelete
  5. So gorgeous. You are two lucky girls to have each other. Happy baby to you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I couldn't believe my eyes when I read your insta post! I am shaking and crying happy tears with you friend. I am having a flood of memories of all of the things you lovingly made for her and now SHE'S HERE!! My beautiful boy was born on June 6th! It's a great day! I know you will thank God for her every minute of every day. Gods blessings on your family and your perfect daughter Ivey Mariposa!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Tears of joy! Can't wait to meet the most loved girl in the world! Welcome home IVEY!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Okay... so now I'm sitting in my office crying while others look at me as if I am crazy. She is absolutely beautiful and I don't even know how to put my thoughts of sheer happiness for you guys into words. CONGRATULATIONS Mom & Dad!!! The Witts are thrilled for your new family. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Tears of pure happiness for y'all's family are streaming down my face. I am beyond happy for y'all.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Tobi:
    Though I have never met you or your husband, because of a mutual friend I have followed your story on FB and Instagram for the last couple of years. I cried when reading that you all are FINALLY BRINGING IVEY HOME!! :-) I am absolutely thrilled for you all. I wish you and your new little family many blessings for many years to come. Congratulations lady! Can't wait to see TONS of pictures of this perfect little angel. God is so Good!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Since finding you on Instagram and keeping up with your story I have happy tears after reading this. Congratulations on your baby girl. She is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh LORD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    YOU ARE SO GOOD AND WORTHY OF OUR PRAISE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    I am REJOICING with you my sweet friend!! REJOICING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Dancing in the living room tears of joy stream down my face REJOICING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    You just sop every stinkin' little minute up with that PRECIOUS little Ivey of yours!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    THE LORD HAS DONE AMAZING THINGS FOR US AND WE.ARE.GLAD!!!
    Ps 126:3

    ReplyDelete
  14. We are SO SO SO excited for you!!!! Congratulations and welcome home sweet Ivey!!! At last!!! She's breathtaking!

    John and Celeste Martzall

    ReplyDelete
  15. She is so perfect!
    I am an IG follower and so thrilled to see this post this morning. I've been following your story for over a year.
    God bless your new family!

    ReplyDelete
  16. She is so beautiful! God is so amazing! Congrats on your amazing daughter and sending hugs from one adoptive mama to another as you allow the healing work to begin!

    ReplyDelete
  17. tears. so so happy for you my friend! i can't imagine what your heart must be going through!!!

    so much love sent to your house from ours!

    xo
    kellie

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oh my she is beautiful. All I can say is Thank you Jesus for this beautiful family!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Kleenex sales will be up thanks to this post! Thank you Jesus for answering so many prayers that have been sent to you over the past 9 years! We know that Ivey was worth the wait and she is the perfect addition to the Weldon family!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Beautiful CALM on that Beautiful Face.. Congratulations to Ivey & family!

    ReplyDelete
  21. I am so happy for all of you! all children should be so wanted and so loved. Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Can't wait to hear the rest of the story!! So so happy for your family. :)

    ReplyDelete
  23. Oh wow!! I'm so excited for you guys! I just sat here crying as I read this. I've been following your story ever since gave my son Graham a onesie after one of your heartbreaks. I hope our kids get to play together someday. Congrats, she's beautiful!

    ReplyDelete