Wednesday, January 30, 2013

10 months Waiting


10 Months - this is a hard one because when we started this Ethiopian journey we were told our wait would be 8-10 months. So we thought by this time we would have a referral. We thought we would have seen our daughters face. We thought we would have held her. That is just hard to think about...the what ifs, the would haves.....

Looking back, our first email to an adoption lawyer was in 2004. 9 years ago. 9 years of growth, heartache, love, support, money lost, money raised, moves, new jobs, 5 adoptions failed, new friends, new babies in the family, godchildren, death, new fur babies, new jobs, a college degree, new business ventures and more and more and more. We are blessed, we know that but sometimes it is just hard. Sometimes I just want to scream or cry and sometimes honestly I do. Corey is lucky (lol) that he has school to keep him busy. I just stitch and stitch and stitch. I told Corey tonight if I didn't have my work I think I would go crazy. I have pity parties - and for that friends I thank you for listening to me! 

This past weekend I was blessed to go to Created For Care (I will write more about that soon) in Atlanta and met some amazing new adoption friends and came away feeling very positive, blessed and reminded again that we are exactly where we need to be. This may be a horribly long journey but we know we are suppose to adopt and WE KNOW our daughter is out there. Ivey is already so loved and has SO many people waiting for her to come home. Isn't that amazing? This girl who may or may not even exist yet has a fan club? She is going to be showered with love, prayers, hugs and kisses and We can't WAIT to introduce her to each of you.

So until she is home we will wait and pray and hope. We need our friends and family. We couldn't do this without you guys. Every day we are reminded how blessed we are to be surround by friends and family on this journey. Corey and I have grown so much throughout this journey and through it all we have just gotten stronger. Every time we have had a heartache Corey reminds me that through it all he and I, and our relationship is the basis of this whole adventure. None of this would be possible without us. We are blessed. God is SO good to us. 
Even with the hard stuff.....we know God has a plan. 

So thank you to each of you for all you do for us. 

with love and thanks,
Tobi & Corey

9 comments:

  1. I just want to say that I randomly came across your blog via Instagram. That's a first for me. We have the 2004 thing in common. I feel like we've been waiting for EVER. We fostered 8 kids through the state and none ended up being adopted. Our last left our home a month ago. We are now committing to international adoption. The way I see it, God called us, and those kids weren't the "one" God has for the family. When He's good and ready, it will happen. I love your hear, I hear where you are, and I pray He shows you your baby really, really soon! <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love Instagram. It honestly is the best. I have met the most amazing people on there. And happy you found me!! Good to know we aren't the only ones who have been waiting forever!!! Thanks for the beautiful words. It means a lot. And I can't wait to follow your story. Xoxo

      Delete
  2. Ivey is out there and you will be in awe of her when God presents her to you. Waiting is the hardest part. I'm so glad you went to C4C and are being proactive as a parent already!! Get the book The Connected Child and start reading that too... Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We "met" on instagram too! We share a love of adoption and schnauzers... I can commiserate on the waiting. While we just officially began our journey May 2012, I have been waiting for God to speak to my husband about adoption for many, many years. I'm not sure about Ethiopian adoptions but adoptions from India are so very s-l-o-w... and lack consistency from orphanage to orphanage to CARA (the organization that governs adoptions in India) I can also say the wait once we received our match (over 2 months ago) has been much more agonizing.. knowing our son is there, waiting for us, as we wait for him and there is nothing I can do makes me completely crazy most days (tears, praying, feeling sorry for myself and him, come on... he needs his mama!). I know exactly where he is, I've google-earthed the orphanage location (stalker, I know), yet I cannot just go and get him - heart wrenching. BUT I know it will happen for both of us and we will look back on these long months of waiting knowing it was worth it! Little Ivey and Little Ryan will be SO WORTH it! <3 boldly praying for peace and endurance as you encounter the end of this waiting season.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will be praying for little Ryan an little Ivey!! What an amazing story they will have. I can't imagine the pain and ache you are going through knowing he is there waiting for you. Adoption is such a hard long journey but I can't wait to have my girl in my arms and no it was all worth it. So glad you found me and glad I have another adoption and schnauzer friend!!! Please keep in touch. Xoxo

      Delete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete